If you’ve been waiting for a chance to get a glimpse of the next major iOS or iPadOS update, here it is. Apple has just released the first public beta of iOS 14(and iPad OS 14), its major OS update for iPhones, to everyone.
The key word is “beta” so keep the possible bugs and flaws that comes with early versions of software in mind. And the fact that some apps and features may not function properly.
The stable versions of iOS 14 – and iPad OS 14 – will come out later. But before that, the company is expected to release several iterations of the public betas to iron out issues that early adopters may face.
How to Download iOS 14 Public Beta
- First, head over to Apple’s beta website
- Click Sign up to enroll in the program
- Choose between iOS or iPadOS in available programs
- Tap on Download Profile and follow the prompts. A restart may be required at some point
- Download and install. Once you have finished the above prompts, open the Settings app then General > Software Update, to download and install the beta.
iOS 14 and iPadOS 14 Supported Devices
In order to download and run the iOS 14, or iPadOS 14 public beta 1 you will need a phone that is supported.
Supported devices include;
- iPhone 6s & iPhone 6s Plus
- iPhone SE & iPhone 7 & iPhone 7 Plus
- iPhone 8 & iPhone 8 Plus
- iPhone X
- iPhone XR & iPhone XS & iPhone XS Max
- iPhone 11 & iPhone 11 Pro & iPhone 11 Pro Max
- iPad Air 2 or newer
- All iPad Pro models
- iPad fifth generation or newer
- iPad Mini 4 or newer