Compliance Officer- Dar es Salaam
The compliance officer will be responsible to review the efficiency and compliance of business operations, management policies and procedures to ensure compliance with key statutory and other legal requirements.
• Implement an overall compliance management process for the organization, which involves conducting risk assessments, preparing risk evaluations;
• Perform risk and compliance reviews on business units to determine the adequacy of risk management and control systems in place, write reports and obtain management responses.
• Review the efficiency and compliance of business operations, management policies and procedures to ensure compliance with key statutory and other legal requirements including liaison with internal and external auditors;
• Ensure management and employees comply with company policies and procedures and that behaviour in the organization meets the company’s standards of conduct.
• Coordinate and provide continual capacity building on risk management and internal controls.
• Carry out processes such as establishing health and safety as well as business continuity plans.
• Provide support, education and training to staff to build risk and compliance awareness within the organization.
• Assist external auditors, regulators, and other examiners during routine audits and examinations
• Perform special investigations, as assigned.
Education and Qualifications
• Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Economics, Accounting or courses with risk management content
• 2-5 years’ experience in an audit, risk and/or compliance position
• Problem-solving and decision-making abilities
• Planning and organizational skills with the ability to simultaneously manage several projects
• Commercial awareness and ability to understand broad business issues
• Possess knowledge of organization’s culture and structure
• Strong background in finance, economics, law, audit, risk management, statistics
• Ability to design, carry out analysis, and model business processes
• Ability to benchmark and analyse various business risks
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills