Nafasi ya kazi Johns Hopkins University, IT and Assets management Officer
Job Announcement: Seeking Candidates
Johns Hopkins University
Center for Communication Programs (TZ) Limited
Dar Es Salaam, Tanzania
Working Title: IT and Assets Management Officer
Seeking candidates for the position of IT and Assets Management Officer for the Tanzania Vector
Control Activity (TVCA), a USAID/President’s Malaria Initiative (PMI)-funded project for
implementing proven, evidence-based vector control approaches in Tanzania to reduce the burden of
malaria, managed by Johns Hopkins Center for Communication Programs (CCP).
The successful candidate will be based in Dar Es Salaam with travel assignments within Tanzania.
They report to the Human Resources and Administrative Manager.
• Provide support to Desktop Publishing Services (DTP) specifically users of Adobe
Photoshop, Adobe Dreamweaver, and Adobe Flash
• Setup and maintain a file server
• Setup e-mail accounts for new staff, provide orientation, and perform email troubleshooting
• Maintain groups lists and ensuring people are included and removed as appropriate and
• Backing up project files and closing e-mail accounts when staff terminate
• Perform routine back-up of individual and networked drives not less than monthly and draft
and adhere to disaster recovery protocols
• Ensure all computing devices are equipped with antivirus software and are password
• Prioritize, schedule and respond to a variety of IT help requests from staff either in-person
or via phone or e-mail in a prompt and courteous manner
• Document and manage help requests electronically, which may include the use of help ticket
tracking or other IT support software either in-house or cloud-based
• Ensure specific care and maintenance of certain IT equipment and assets as needed (e.g.
cool and secure environments, the use of racks, etc.)
• Provide support for common features of CCP’s standard suite of software, including
Microsoft Office, Adobe, QuickBooks, and SPSS
• Work across multiple operating system environments like Windows, Linux, and Mac
• Establish and maintain file and mail servers either in-house or external
• Orient and train staff on correct and appropriate uses and features of hardware and software
issued routinely and as needed
• Install and maintain IT peripherals and equipment
• Identify gaps in the office’s IT infrastructure and suggest ways to address the gaps timely
• Stay abreast and inform staff of IT security breaches, scams, virus, etc. on a routine and as
• Update hardware, software, IT peripherals, and equipment as needed
• Determine office internet needs and work with service providers to set-up, maintain, and
repair internet connections routinely and as needed
• Draft SOWs for external IT firm to provide basic general IT service support arrange for
onsite support when the IT Officer is unavailable
• Prepare meeting spaces with IT and multimedia equipment
• University degree in computer science, information technology or equivalent
• Minimum of 5 years relevant experience in the field of IT with a combination of IT
Management, Networking and help—desk/desktop user support
• Experience supporting/working in a mixed PC and Macintosh computers environment,
expert knowledge of Apple MAC hardware, software, and peripherals and expert
proficiency with current MAC OS X versions.
• Advanced proficiency supporting Office for Macintosh.
• Strong presentation skills, excellent time management skills, ability to prioritize, and
• Highly motivated and have strong customer focus with the ability to interface with all levels
of staff in a multi-cultural environment
• Certifications such as ITIL, A+, Microsoft Certified Professional (MCP), Microsoft
Certified Systems Engineer for Windows (MCSE), Apple Certified Macintosh Technician
Applications including a cover letter, CV or resume, and 3 professional references are due by
September 3, 2020 at 11:59 pm GMT +3. Please visit HERE for more
information on how to apply.